Monday, September 22, 2014

snapshot/bakery: i strongly recommend the BISCUITS and WAFFLES from FLORIDA BAKERY



FLORIDA BAKERY  福利麵包公司
No. 26, Ren Ai Rd, Sec. 4
(02) 2702-1175

MRT: ZhongXiao/FuXing or ZhongXiao/DunHua

website: bread.com.tw Chinese and some English and Facebook page

hours: 6AM - 11PM

$-$$

kid friendliness: lots of fun cookies and snacks


I found biscuits in Taipei, totally by accident! They are perfect with some honey butter, jam or lemon curd, which I brought back from the states (but you can find at Smith & Hsu or Jason's at 101).

I actually went to Florida Bakery for their belgian waffle, which is yeasted, so it's crispy and airy at the same time, unlike the dense hockey pucks you'll find around town. I had to wait about 20 minutes when I went after 9AM for the waffle iron to be hot enough for them to make it, since people in Taipei don't eat waffles for breakfast, they eat it as a dessert.


So after I had wandered around Florida Bakery a few times and eaten a tuna salad sandwich  (a tad sweet with pickles and corn in the tuna salad and way too many slices of bread for me, but good for a quick bite) for breakfast in their little sitting area in the front, I paid for my goodies and magically a plate of biscuits were placed on the counter.


A golden pyramid of BISCUITS stacked upon each other!!! I immediately grabbed a few and rushed home to try them. They were buttery, flaky, warm and dangerous. Not as light as the freshly baked scones from Smith & Hsu, but a lot cheaper. LOL.

Florida Bakery also has the sweeter breads and cakes you'd find local bakeries, as well as little jars of salsa, garlic butter, corn & flour tortillas and super cute iced cookies.



3 comments:

Sunny said...

They are pretty good, but I feel like the ones at NY bagels really hit the spot

Anonymous said...

luv their biscuits, thank u for the referral! I usually buy a bunch, freeze them and when I'm in the mood for one, I would toast them and smother them w jam!!! Yummy!

joanh said...

Sunny: hmm I've never had the biscuits at NY Bagel!! Good to know, thanks!

Anonymous: awesome! Thanks for commenting!

:)